Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nursing. How long is too long?

Oh, I'm so grossed out! I believe in nursing but only to age 1. I didn't get to nurse my daughter that long - not even to 6 months but I couldn't stand seeing my brother nurse when he was 2 years old. Old enough to ask specifically to nurse is TOO OLD. That's my opinion. What's yours?

3 comments:

kpmomma said...

The dad probably breast feeds too... That was just weird! They are freaking talking to her breasts and drawing pictures of them! I see a couple of lesbians in the making...

JupiterGirl said...

I agree, one year is long enough. I'm sure that the milk is still nutritional and all, but the kid can chew and get the nutrition from food so at that point nursing is simply for comfort and the child needs to start learning to comfort him/herself. Learning coping skills is an important part of growing up.

Sarah said...

I nursed my son until he was almost 15 months old.

Kpmomma-nothing wrong with lesbians!