Here are the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you.
3. Link back to this parent post.
4. Tag a few friends, or five, or none at all.
5. Post these rules- or just have fun breaking them!
FIVE WAYS BLOGGING HAS AFFECTED ME:
1. I've learn so much more about spreading information to my family and friends. And I've learned what to look for when my daughter decides to really get out there on the computer and internet.
2. I have always loved scrapbooking - well buying all the stuff to create scrapbooks. I just don't make the time to do any of it. I will though, one day - I promise! Anyhow, what does this have to do with blogging and how it has affected me? I can "scrapbook" online. I can share my photos and captions or stories and share them with friends and family immediately. No one has to wait to visit my house to view my scrapbooks and with digitial photos I don't have to worry about developing film and then cutting and shaping them into books with stickers and then handwriting my stories. I'm so much faster with the keyboard anyway - my thoughts flow with my fingers. Unlike penmanship, I can "delete" my mistakes and continue on with my message.
3. I have also met some new people through blogging or have found interest in others without actually meeting them. People I have things in common with that I never would have known about without blogging. There are people that make me laugh and bring me joy just reading about their life. It's like reality tv or a great biographical book - only real time with real people. And they aren't getting famous from it (are they?), they are people just like me that have some of the same interests.
4. I have always thought about keeping a diary or a journal. I love to buy them or give them as gifts but they usually end up as notebooks to keep a task list in or grocery shopping lists. I might write an entry here or there but never anything that takes up a month's worth or a year's worth of thoughts. This is an easier way of organizing my thoughts and keeping up with it. It's fun for me. I believe it's just another way we are evolving in this electronic era.
5. I'm always thinking about what I can put on my page. This picture, this event, this family trip... what kind of information is noteworthy on my blog? Silly thoughts, huge endeavors? It's all so amazing how different it is to blog and share with people than to email friends and family. In some ways it's like I can update everyone at once even about the simplest things. In other ways it's a forum to discuss issues with any readers I may have.
It's a small world out there after all.... how do you see the world? How has blogging affected you?
I tag:
1. Kim (cuz she's usually the one who tags first)
2. Stacie (she's good at responding when she has the time)
3. Jenni (I think she enjoys this as much as I have found to enjoy it)
4. David (you gonna stop reading mine and my friend's blogs and make a page of your own!?)
Never Enough Books and The BFG by Roald Dahl
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment